Our Apprentice Leader position offers an opportunity for young/inexperienced adult choir leaders who are starting out and might like to "shadow" more experienced leader/s.
This Apprenticeship agreement (hereinafter called 'the agreement') is made on _________________
[name and address] (hereinafter called 'the Apprentice')
East Lancs Clarion Choir c/o 65 Hufling Lane, Burnley BB11 3QH (hereinafter called 'the Host')
1.1. The Host hereby appoints ___________(name) as an Apprentice Musical Director with the Host with effect from ________________________(Date) until ________________________(Date) (hereinafter called 'the Apprenticeship period')
2. The Host's Obligations
2.1 To provide observing, shadowing and taster opportunities for the Apprentice Musical Director of the skills used by a Musical Director, subject to the length of the Apprenticeship period and the abilities and interests of the Apprentice to include, but not exclusively, the following areas:-
a) Preparation outside of the weekly choir meetings:-
- liaising and communicating with the choir
- choosing a song
b) At the weekly choir meetings:-
- gaining confidence in standing in front of a choir
- developing clear guidance, instructions and gesture
- running part of a warm-up (leading towards a full warm-up)
- teaching a song by ear
- developing the singing and performance abilities of choir members
- running a full weekly choir meeting with support from the Choir's Musical Director
- leading part of a performance (leading towards a full performance)
- Whilst the Apprentice Musical Director is an unpaid position, the host agrees to reimburse the travel expenses of the Apprentice, upon production of receipts or by negotiation
- The Host will consider reimbursing for other expenses, such as photocopying and professional development, upon production of receipts.
- If the Apprentice runs all a session on their own, the Host will pay the equivalent of the MU hourly rate.
By expressing an interest in sharing or learning in this way, you agree to the following Common Understanding:
The Apprentice agrees to the following basic principles:
- To attend the session that has been agreed on your own (and communicate at the earliest opportunity if you are no longer able to attend)
- To be respectful to the session, to be prompt and observe quietly, unless invited to sing along or participate in some other way
- To be respectful to the choir leader(s), expect to see things done in a different way, and understand that there will be reasons behind this approach
- To ask permission before taking any photos or videos, as there may be restrictions
- To refrain from any social media posts unless these have been mutually agreed with your main contact
- To feel free to talk to the choir leader(s) in the break and / or at the end of the session
The Host agrees to the following basic principles:
- To provide full details of when and where the session is taking place
- To provide a contact name and number
- To give some background to the choir
- To welcome and supervise as appropriate.
- To introduce the choir leader(s), and for the choir leader(s) to be open to a conversation about the session
- To advise what is permissible regarding photos, videos or social media issues
The Host or Apprentice will communicate any additional requirements or expectations in their communications prior to the session.